grassroots organizing & education
We believe big changes happen one person at a time, and so TCE uses door-to-door canvassing work to reach diverse communities across many socio-economic backgrounds. Our supporters share a common concern for the environment and a respect for the individual who comes to their doorstep with an important public health issue.
- Our program staff make presentations about zero waste, recycling, composting and producer responsibility programs in schools, neighborhood associations and other civic clubs.
- We work with a wide array of allies and develop winning strategies at the state, local and national levels to get decision-makers to make needed changes.
- We are well-known for using creative tactics and getting the media and creating our own media to win our policy and corporate campaigns.
We are the only grassroots environmental organization that has full-time offices and staff in DFW, Greater Houston and Austin, and the only group that regularly sends community organizers out into towns beyond the major cities in Texas. Texas Campaign for the Environment canvassers knock on doors from Amarillo to El Paso, Brownsville to Texarkana, and everywhere in between.
civic engagement & voting
We never endorse candidates, but we do register Texans to vote and let our supporters know about upcoming elections. We want people to know who their elected officials are and how to hold them accountable to concerns that affect our lives and families. After all, an active, engaged democratic process is the best defense against pollution.
- Are you registered to vote? You can check on your voter registration here.
- Do you know who your elected officials are? Find out “Who Represents Me” here.